Hybrid Bike Overview
Hybrid bikes are a blend of characteristics from road bikes, mountain bikes and touring bikes. Hybrid bikes often have 700c wheels and lighter components similar to a road bike but have a stronger frame, wider rims and flat handlebars common to mountain bikes. Hybrid bikes are the perfect all rounder bike, seemingly a blend of all the best characteristics from different bike styles.
Their ease of use, upright comfortable riding position and durability makes these bikes a popular choice with beginner riders.
- Larger 700c wheels that make them more efficient than a Mountain bike.
- Wider rims and tyres that make them stronger than Road/Racers.
- Flat comfortable handlebars similar to a Mountain bike that allows the rider to sit in a more upright, comfortable position.
- Comes with between 18-27 gears.
- Often have suspension forks and seat post.
- Great for long rides on paved surfaces if comfort is your priority.
Hybrid Bike Brands
There is a wide range of hybrid bike brands available, bellow is a list of popular hybrid brands:
Search for Apollo Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Avanti Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Fuji Hybrid Bikes.
Search for GT Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Merida Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Mongoose Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Norco Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Specialized Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Trek Hybrid Bikes.